In this time of giving,
I honestly think quite selfishly. I care about what to wear to the Christmas
party, I care about impressing others with gifts, and I even care about looking
humble when volunteering for the annual Operation Care event that helps the
homeless. I know the things I do are good and I try to make sure to check my
heart if I’m really being genuine.. because what’s the point of doing good
things if it’s not an act of worship?
So let’s get back to “the
reason for the season.”
This is my blog and I
choose to be vulnerable on here. The whole idea behind this is to tell you my
story about Him – my witness account.
For it says in Isaiah
43:10-12(NKJV):
10 “You are My
witnesses,” says the Lord,
“And My servant whom I
have chosen,
That you may know and
believe Me,
And understand that I
am He.
Before Me there was no
God formed,
Nor shall there be
after Me.
11 I, even I, am the
Lord,
And besides Me there is
no savior.
12 I have declared and
saved,
I have proclaimed,
And there was no
foreign god among you;
Therefore you are My
witnesses,”
Says the Lord, “that I
am God.
It was this same time of the year in my
sophomore year of high school when I was going through a lot of chaos in my
life. I can't believe I was getting kicked out of the house at 15 and the relationship
I had with my dad was hanging on an ever- loosening string... but because Jesus
hanged on that cross for me, He was able
to rescue me from what could have been. I surrendered and He saved.
I had friends at the
time, and even a teacher, who were all willing to take me in ...But I decided
to go the narrow way. If I had turned my back, I may not have been able to
afford college, I could have cut complete communication with my dad, and I
could have never known what having a Savior means.
.
But…look at where I am
now. I've been attending college, I've been able to grow with my family, and I
have a relationship with The Ultimate Lover. Now I know love because I have been given love.
That’s what I want to
do: To be an example of sacrificial and unconditional love, which Christ
perfectly exemplified. This is what this
whole season is about! --- God loving us so much that He GAVE His son to
save people like me.
Is that what this
season of giving means to you?
-mula sa aking puso, Ginelle Bulanadi
No comments:
Post a Comment